Touch Response Part 2

     
    Video

 

                                                                            Safe Travels

                                                                                 Video       


            Quote: 

    "When we put in a heavy sweater, we're actually aware of its texture, weight, and feel against our skin, but after a while we completely ignore it" (Ackerman 62)


            Artist Statement: 

    In this video, I helped my friend pack her clothes in her suitcase for spring break. Noticing and feeling every piece of fabric run through my fingers felt soft and delicate to the touch. I also had to deal with how everything was placed inside the suitcase and how my touch affected how the suitcase closed. After packing the suitcase up, I zipped it up and took it down the hall as an outro to my video. Not only did I deal with touch on each piece of clothing but I also felt the texture of the suitcase handle as I walked away with it. I made sure to include as much information using the captions at the bottom of the screen and exported the final cut as 38 seconds.                                                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things