Touch Response Part 1

                                    

                                                                                Tac Braille

                                                       Created by hand, Thumb tacs, and a pillow. 


           Quote:  "The sensitivity of the fingertips reveals itself in the use of Braille which now appears everywhere" (Ackerman 84). 


           Artist Statement:

                    Braille is used in almost any public building as a means of communication for people who are blind. It is small dots formed in certain combinations that can help the blind read by feeling and touch. The quote explains that touch can also be a form of communication by patterns formed by small dots. I wanted to create my own form of braille by using tacs and a pillow. Using the tacs, I spelled out "I love 3D" on the pillow in the braille language. This touch assignment was very interesting to me to take something used to help the blind read and apply it to a pillow.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things

Touch Response Part 2